"Laminate your notes and bring your bathing suit" #schoolsoutearly #109degreeweather
It’s ridiculous that it’s 2014 and I have to present myself a certain way so that people will take me seriously AND not be intimidated by me. Wait, what?
I never realized how annoyingly tough it is in the professional world to be a female of power until this past year, but I’m ready to be a boss. Palm to face to all the double standards and palm to palm for my newfound confidence to not give a fuck. I am a strong woman and I will stand as I please.
A little over a month until 22 and here are my newest bullets.
- Being introvert doesn’t suck.
- Always have the courage to love again. You discovered Swanky Tunes and ended up with a straight-again love (lol). Think of the possibilities.
- Only one AMF a night.
- No more warm tequila.
- Cognac is for sipping, not slamming.
- But really, one glass of wine is good enough.
- Budgeting is such a superpower.
- Forgiveness is too.
- Don’t mix self-doubt for room for improvement. Never self-doubt.
- Don’t take things too seriously.
- Don’t put a cap on your dreams.
- Take at least 20 minutes a day brainstorming crazy ideas. You’re a crazy person.
- Less talk, more walk.
- Inspirational quotes are for private.
- Dancing full out nonstop > gym
- Regular sleep schedule. No exceptions.
- ALWAYS be tan and have nice legs/abs, even if you’re always indoors and eat like a hippo.
- Don’t forget how good you have it. You are lucky.
- Get up and grab a glass of water for your lover even if you’re lazy as fuck.
- Don’t apologize for what you deserve.
- Vow to party until you die. Screw the age and the new onset of hangovers.
- Be lion-hearted.
- Try not to wear leggings anymore. You are a professional.
- Empty out your closet of hooker Vegas heels. You never need them again.
- Bottle Service is boring. I’d like the DJ booth or at least front and center.
- I’m insane. No one in my life could ever handle me, not even the best of the best. Except Ravin. I should literally keep him forever.
- Dance party. The awful years of 21 are almost over! (overhyped because this year was so expensive and stressful with self-identity)